Sunday, November 5, 2017

Goose

  • Meet Mother Goose - she is 11 years young and mother and grandmother to many of the dogs in the kennel. This afternoon she learned a new skill - cani-cross - as she accompanied me on my long slow distance (9.5 miles) run. She is facing retirement this season because she just can't keep up with the younger dogs on the team. But, her cardiovascular system is amazing from all her years of running so that while I may have been breathing hard, she never did and had plenty of energy to start pulling me during the last 2 miles to home! She's timid, but after a few miles of looking to me for guidance and confidence, she figured it out and even a cyclist we met commented that he could see her tail wagging from down the trail. It is so much easier (and more fun?) to do my long runs with a canine companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment